The food part of my blog is always neglected and so this post is strictly food! This is the first recipe I am posting on my blog and it’s hardly a recipe. It’s the quickest way to put together a dessert dish if you are hosting a party or attending a party and are strapped for time. This kind of seems to be describing my life lately. (Believe it or not but I rarely cook). This recipe is a rendition of Paula Deen’s Banana Split Ice Cream recipe. I dislike bananas in dessert and so I excluded it from the recipe.
1. 9×13 inch pan
2. 24 ice cream sandwiches
3. Sugar cones
4. Toffee bits
5. Caramel syrup
6. Chocolate syrup
7. Heavy Cream
1. Place ice cream sandwiches on the bottom of the pan. It takes about 11 and a half sandwiches to cover the bottom of the pan.
2. Crush the sugar cones on the top of the ice cream sandwiches. I crushed about 6 cones.
3. Sprinkle toffee bits on top of the crushed cones- I used Hershey’s Heath and you can buy it in the baking section. If you prefer to put bananas, strawberries etc you can add it in this layer.
4. Place second layer of ice cream sandwiches.
5. Whip heavy cream to make whipped cream. I love fresh whipped cream and so I whipped it myself. You can totally bypass this step by using Cool Whip if you would like. To make whipped cream, pour heavy cream in a blender. I use a cup whipped cream to about 2 tablespoons of sugar to make it sweet whipped cream and you can use more or less sugar to cater to your sweetness level. Turn on the blender until its thick and does not move. You don’t have to use a blender and can whip by hand. Place on top of the ice cream sandwiches
6. Drizzle caramel syrup and chocolate syrup on top of the whipped cream.
7. Sprinkle toffee bits on top.
8. Place in freezer until it is time to serve
Serves about 10-12
** Sorry for being missing in action for an embarrassingly long amount of time. I think when Ramadan came, I had no time to blog because I was super busy. And I feel like reality and life hit and it made me feel like I wasn’t prioritizing by blogging when so many important things are going on in the world. Life came at me fast and I had much to cater to. I have some posts lined up for the next few weeks/months. Thanks for reading! Xoxo
Like me on Facebook to get updates
Follow me on instagram @sanahrashid